View Single Post
Old 08-07-13, 07:12 PM   #84
randen
Uber EcoRenovator

I've been a huge fan of LED lighting for a while. If they are purchased directly from China the prices are good. Imagine replacing a light for the last time. The daylight type are my favorite. I had my home full of MR-16 track lights, energy hogs and changed them to LEDs. Thinking about it for a minute the track had 6 pcs halogen MR-16s 20 watts each. That's 120 watts. And now 6 LEDs @ 3 watts each total 18 watts. LESS energy than one 20 watt. halogen and with the LED a beautiful white light.

Recently We have replaced the under-cabinet florescent lamp with LED strip lights. By comparison the florescent lighting were energy hogs. Some mornings I would come down stairs and the under-cabinet lights were still on, all night, Dam.

Now if the under-cabinet LEDs are left on, who cares, It will last longer than me and they draw 11 watts!!! That's less than one of the old florescent fixtures.

I know everyone is working on the ROI. Sometimes it shouldn't matter. Some people smoke some drink. Some head out for a coffee or a Baskin Robbins. We don't consider the ROI there. I know that there is a ROI with the LEDs. It maybe like the stock-market, buy in early and hope it turns out well. The cost of energy will go up so hopefully we're in the market early enough.

Randen
randen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to randen For This Useful Post:
Exalta-STA (08-24-13)