View Single Post
Old 02-04-14, 06:12 PM   #33
AC_Hacker
Supreme EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by randen View Post
Picked up some free insulation board and had the table saw set-up. An item that will be nessisary for the 5 Ton rebuild an insulation box for the heat exchangers. I fab'ed up some boxes that will slip over after the BPHX are soldered inplace.
Great progress!

There's a buddy of mine named Howard that has a CNC shop, just down the road from me.

His Architect-Wife insisted on a high-end custom refrigerator for $7000 (not a misprint) to go with her Architect Kitchen Dream. After a few fitful years, it crapped out and she's hankering to go buy another one exactly the same, so it will go with her kitchen design. So Howard now figures he has $7000 to do a total re-design and rebuild of the refrigerant system on their old unit.

He had decided that for his first voyage into the tumultuous HVAC seas, he is going to go with a three-phase compressor and a variable speed drive and an Electronic Expansion Valve, all controlled by A Raspberry Pi microcomputer.

Pretty ambitious for a 78 year old guy!

Personally, I think that there is some chemical in CNC machine lubricants that make a man just plain crazy...

What do you think?

-AC