Thread: My Turn!
View Single Post
Old 04-20-09, 11:05 AM   #11
insaneintenti0n
Apprentice EcoRenovator

I'm too impatient for this stuff

I know I have to wait about 2 weeks to see anything out of my seeds. it's been 4 days... i'm dying :-P

I did pick up two compost bins this weekend. (forgot to take a picture of where I put em, one is on the side of my garage, and the other is behind, i'm worried about the one behind the garage getting enough light for heat - but here's what they are: Earth Machine. $35 each wasn't TOO bad. just buying wood to build one nowadays costs damn near as much)

This is even worse than the seeds. I'm looking for anything and everything i can toss in there, i want compost NOW. It's a bad time to start it now though since I have next to no leaves in my yard to mix in. The only ones i have were on my pool cover. You're only supposed to use limited amounts of grass. I usually don't bag anyway, but i'll just start bagging a small portion to throw in there. my county wants us to 'not' use ANY food products, but they can eat me. I'll do what I can, ie: not meat, dairy, etc (i don't have leftovers often anyway, just means i'll stop throwing out apple/fruit cores. and i'm surprised that egg shells are 'ok' to use in em)

the list is pretty good & surprised me on what's OK though.... hair, pet hair, drier lint, contents of vacuum cleaner, shredded newspaper/cardboard (i recycle all/most paper anyway, but this help with some contents of the bin)

so, i'll just have to see how that all goes! maybe I can pull off a 2-month cycle... if not, i'll definitely/should definitely have some for next year. anything to not have to buy bags of dirt anymore.

Last edited by insaneintenti0n; 04-20-09 at 11:24 AM..
insaneintenti0n is offline   Reply With Quote