View Single Post
Old 07-26-13, 03:43 AM   #4
jeff5may
Supreme EcoRenovator

Send a message via Yahoo to jeff5may

A lack of detailed information is the status quo for pretty much all chinese or korean knock-off products. Even the dealers can't get good training or service info. It's the price you pay for getting an otherwise $1000 unit for $599.99 or less. We as consumers are not supposed to care what's inside the box, let alone try to fix or adjust anything.

The good news is someone designed the product, then sent the job of building the stuff to China. With a little detective work, one can quickly find out the original designer of the product. Usually with hvac equipment, the compressor and the logic board will tell you where the unit was conceived.

WyrTwister,

Please measure and post as much info about the unit as you can manage, it will be greatly appreciated. If you can provide baseline performance data for a virgin system, that would be great. There is an aura of mystery about how these units operate; your data will be very enlightening.

The OEM's have trouble helping themselves figure out how to repair the expensive units, much less you or I. And the Chinese name tag holders don't even try. Like xringer's mini-split sanyo that sprung a leak: they just shipped him another new outdoor unit and didn't even want the broken one back. He kept it, did an easy repair, and now he has two. This is the new way.

If you can post the model Number of your unit, I will try to find out what I can about it.
jeff5may is offline   Reply With Quote