View Single Post
Old 10-27-15, 04:45 PM   #18
jeff5may
Supreme EcoRenovator

Send a message via Yahoo to jeff5may

I tried to get the stench out of mine a few different ways. Spraying and fumigating the inside didn't work well. Trying to burn out the odor by placing a space heater inside the unit did a little better. As a last resort, I built a liner out of greenhouse film around the fridge and filled the whole thing with a box of cascade and water. I rigged up a small pool pump and a hot tub heater element and slowcooked the whole cabinet at 150 degrees overnight.

After the unit was given a pressure washing and allowed to dry, I reassembled the phase change rig and ran trials on some herbs and peppers from the garden. While there was no longer any stench coming from the unit, the dried product still had a faint tainted odor. I threw in the towel and scrapped the shell.

I saved the phase change parts for future use. A growing number of friends and family have shown interest in these little projects I have been brewing up. My collection of spare parts is growing out of its boundaries, so I plan on assembling some custom rigs as gifts.

Last edited by jeff5may; 10-27-15 at 09:34 PM..
jeff5may is offline   Reply With Quote