View Single Post
Old 06-03-09, 12:09 AM   #49
Hugh Jim Bissel
Helper EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_Hacker View Post
If you have the ability to compress the audio files into MP3's, I'd be very interested to hear them.
Where would I post such a monster? About a year ago I recall I tried to compress around an hour of speech: even mono @ 30 or 40 kbps mp3, the smallest I could make it, the file was probably 15-20 megs. I remember cause I had to sign up for a file transfer thing, it was too big to email. That was only about an hour's worth, and this is probably 16 hours! Is there somewhere on EcoRenovator I could post it? I can edit it and chop it up into whatever size files are needed, but I'm not sure where it could be hosted so everyone can get at it; and even with lots of editing, when it goes to mp3 I'm sure it will total at least 150megs, so thats a good bit of bandwidth. Also, it will probably take me a good long while to edit and compress all that, so don't expect it to be posted tomorrow even if there is a good place to host it.

PICTURES!
I gotta get a digital camara and get pictures inside of the building. Someone else took all these, partially with the intention of being able to locate the pipe later, so alot of them are different than what I would have taken. However, of the 299 pictures, theres gotta be some good ones, so here we go:

Here's the only angle where you can get the whole wellfield in one shot. The houses in the background have almost no backyard, the wellfield runs up to the road which is just this side of the fence.

Just for a sense of scale: The trenches on the left half each have 13-14 wells at 20' spacing, and the ones on the right end have 6-7. The trenches are about 17' apart.

Closer overview of the field in 4 parts:

To be continued...

Last edited by Hugh Jim Bissel; 06-03-09 at 07:51 AM.. Reason: more thoughts on mp3s
Hugh Jim Bissel is offline   Reply With Quote