View Single Post
Old 10-27-15, 03:18 PM   #29
jeff5may
Supreme EcoRenovator

Send a message via Yahoo to jeff5may

I guess this means you found a micron gauge. It is good to see you brought the unit to life. I commend you on your success so far. I imagine you will save lots of energy heating your floor this winter.

Now that the unit operates, either the fun part is about over or has just begun. It all depends on your style: if you like building things, the fun part is nearly over. Otoh, if you like to twiddle and tweak, most of the exciting work is yet to come. Either way, both aspects are very important concerning longevity and effectiveness.

As always, I encourage and urge you to detail and chronicle your project as best you can. working systems such as yours help to dispel the myths and mysteries surrounding the entire realm of heat pumps in general. There exists a widespread aura of alchemy and wizardry concerning phase change systems in general, and industry pros perpetuate this train of thought. Pump and dump AND ground loop systems are routinely dismissed as uneconomical or too high-maintenance to be practical. What you have shared already shows this can be done without spending an impossible amount of time, labor or money.
jeff5may is offline   Reply With Quote