View Single Post
Old 09-16-08, 08:13 AM   #1
groar
X-Frenchy: very

Default Hello from a sunny place : Toulouse in France

Hi,

I'm from Toulouse in France. Not the most sunny, but far enough to have solar panels.

My wife and I had the key of our house 2 years ago yesterday (Sept 15) and yesterday began the installation of 3kWc of solar panels on our roof which should be over today In between our 16 months old son is born.

In fact the installation will be finished in a few weeks/months... when the installation will be connected to whom I resell my electricity. Until then it will be switched off but after that I will save uranium (French electricity is 80% nuclear) as I'm saving CO2 by eco-driving (and ecomodding a little .

I will create a new thread tonight with pictures.

Before that we changed (nearly) all bubbles and changed a few things to lower our electricity and water consumption. I will create a thread tonight with details.

Love that new place thanks a lot guys to create and manage it.

Denis.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    (2.66 kg/l diesel)
  • kg saved by 3kWc photo-voltaic solar panels : 187 kg/yr
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    (59.1 g/kWh)
Radioactive wastes saved by 3kWc photo-voltaic solar panels :
  • Long life (>100,000 years) : 2.85 g/yr (0.9 mg/kWh)
  • Short life (<300 years) : 31.7 g/yr (10.0 mg/kWh)
Based upon "official" French figures...
groar is offline   Reply With Quote