View Single Post
Old 11-10-16, 11:01 PM   #5
jeff5may
Supreme EcoRenovator

Send a message via Yahoo to jeff5may

You're a couple of months late: yard sale season is over! Dishwashers are another of those gems most people just don't understand. Like refrigerators with bad defrost heaters, these things lurk in garages and basements everywhere. I have bought many for 20-30 bucks with little things wrong with them. None of them was old enough to have a rusted out rack. Major malfunctions were things like door switches and snap-disk thermostats. Minor fixes include springs, rubber/felt, and leaky fittings.

I would look on craigs list or bookoo or letgo for a similar model. Swap the racking out with your unit and there you go. Goodwill and the flea markets aren't good places to look, as the prices are not so attractive. Like pinball said, the various manufacturers use each others' parts, and many are the same width. Scrap the motor for half your money back, or keep the hulk for when your control board dies.

The latest of these I got was a $40 clothes dryer. Whirlpool Gold Senseon front loader whose door wouldn't stay shut. The plastic "keeper shut" clip was broken, and someone obviously used the door for a step ladder to reach a top shelf more than once. A plastic clip and some sheet metal banging later, and I have been in business with it for a couple of years. I replaced the heating element in it this year because it was taking longer than expected to dry clothes. Mama is happy with it, and the birds stay away from the vent now.
jeff5may is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jeff5may For This Useful Post:
Daox (11-11-16)