View Single Post
Old 02-18-17, 01:21 PM   #15
Elcam84
Apprentice EcoRenovator

The compressor already has an unloader as part of the cycling switch so you won't need to replicate that.

Had a thought... what about an old comet drive for a go kart? They were the first widely used successful CVT. There were others but they were the only to be popular and have sold the test of time. That would allow you to change the gear ratio at start up, then as the motor comes back up to speed you can start speeding the pump up.

A flywheel is also an idea.

I know how it is with compressors. Got a big one in the shop that I haven't even hooked up yet and won't since we are going to move. Been using my smaller compressors for nail guns etc but miss having air for sanders and drills etc. I love air tools but they are horribly horribly inefficient.
I have a version of the California air tools compressor that I use for hauling around now. It's extremely quiet and airflow is quite good for the style of compressor.

The only 3phase motors under 10hp worth rebuilding are the special purpose ones like the ones used for the pump on a power wash in restaurants. They run upwards of 2k for a new one because they are watertight. Usually they are three phase 1 to 3 hp motors.

Now I do have a coke machine pump and co2 mixing tank I don't know what to use for yet.. I saved it from a Wendy's remodel as they are all going to freestyle machines. Also have an order counter and sign....
Elcam84 is offline   Reply With Quote