View Single Post
Old 12-11-10, 12:37 AM   #13
AC_Hacker
Supreme EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by strider3700 View Post
I have the fan in the forced air system set to circulate so it comes on for a few minutes...
OK, that explains everything.

Say, I'm only marginally able to tweak Arduino code, and what you are doing is right in line with something I have wanted to do for a couple of years...

As you may know, I'm doing the Homemade HeatPump Manifesto thread, and I have wanted to build a vertical multi-sensor data logger to monitor temperatures of the earth at various depths in my GSHP loop field.

My idea is to get a fifteen foot length of pipe, copper is ok, PVC would work too, and put sensors every two feet or so, and fill the pipe up with tar or plastic or something and bury it, putting a data cable from the pipe and sensors, into a foot deep trench, and run it into the house.

Then I would monitor the temps periodically like maybe once an hour or once a day... for several years.

I understand that 1-wire sensors are uniquely numbered, and quite accurate, and for design simplicity, I would run them off of three wires, Data, Vcc, and Ground. Screw the timeing issues, wire is cheap.

So, do you think you could help me out with code to read several 1-wire therrmal sensors?

I'm guessing it's nothing much more than cut & paste & paste & paste & paste, etc.

Tell me, am I over-simplifying?

Does your code include an initialization section that polls and records the unique identifiers of all sensors?

Thanks,

-AC_Hacker

Last edited by AC_Hacker; 12-11-10 at 12:39 AM..