View Single Post
Old 03-05-15, 09:47 AM   #523
Drake
DIY Guy

I'll be making my own manifold because it is just for now two loops in one zone for one 14x28 floor area; It will be 1" to 5/8 pex and flow adjustable. What I'm not certain of is the copper size from heat source to cir. pump to 3 way mixer to exp. tank and fill, shutoffs,etc. to manifold.

I have joined a lot of copper in my day so I am confident I can. But I admit I do not yet clearly understand hydronic controls. Most pre assembled controls I am sourcing seem designed way to complex for my simple system or do not have a pump I want or include what might be a current component in its design that elli now greatly improve a simple design(like outdoor setback might).

I still have a lot of opportunity to design my structure to work with as uncomplex hrdronic system as I can so I don't have an absolute plan that I have to designed for yet. It is more if I go this direction it will require this control design but if I go another way it would be much simpler or more complicated(not KISS). So If it appears I am talking in circles it is because I have a structure I can to some degree yet build to fit my radiant heat. I am about 75% set in my overall plan so more and more I have to deal with what is as to what I can change. All the input I have been given so far has been very valuable in helping me toward my goal.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote