Thread: My new project
View Single Post
Old 07-20-11, 02:07 PM   #11
S-F
You Ain't Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasstingy View Post
I'm liking the project. Ditto on the serious interest in the spray foaming.

I have to insulate after I do some interior wall framing and wiring. Spray foaming is my intention as we did it when we built our house nine years ago and we've been reaping the benefits ever since.

Be nice to know how hard it is to do and what the cost per square foot of wall space. Of course, how deep your cavity is too.
Well I'm going to be foaming later today so hopefully the pictures will be up tonight.
It's really not that hard. You just need to make sure the tanks are warm enough and shaken up a bit. Like I said earlier, I have never used the 600 board foot kits before but I have certainly used the 200 board foot kits. I hear it's harder to get every last bit out of them. Oddly enough the 600' kits costs as much as 2 x 200' kits. Remember when you're spraying to not go longer than 15 seconds before giving a squirt or you need to replace the tip. You only have a dozen or so tips in the kit but you can order more if you want. Last time I did this We managed to get through an entire 200' kit only using one nozzle. We just kept a trash can near by and gave a squirt from time to time. Remember to start counting as soon as you take your finger off the trigger. Also you can only spray a couple inches of thickness at a time so you need to make a couple passes.
Oh yea, and a 200 board foot kit covers (theoretically) 200' x 12" x 12" x 1".... a board foot. YMMV.

S-F is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to S-F For This Useful Post:
gasstingy (07-20-11)