View Single Post
Old 08-07-15, 09:25 AM   #1
goblinsly
Lurking Renovator

Default Using water to cool down apartment

Hi there,

I have 2 ideas, or maybe 2 questions, if either of this would work.

Basicly i wanted to know if i could use tap water to cool down apartment. I don't plan to use it the whole summer, but basicly for about 15-20 days during those heat waves.
The idea is simple, get tap water, run it through copper coil and point fan directly into it, basicy the same as that ice cooling solution but using tap water. Since it takes quite some time for heat to transfer from air to water, i wouldnt dump water directly away after 1 cycle but maybe run it multiple cycles. I would be happy if i could drop a degree or two in a small computer room i am using.

The second one question is, in the evening and through the night i run 2 fans blowing air from outside through the window but it seems as it doesnt have any effect. Nights can be 10 - 15 degres cooler then days but as soon as i close the windows, it is warm again. Problem is i have both windows on same side, i even tried 1 fan blowing in and 1 out, but its same. So i was wondering, what if i used water pump to cool water outside when its cold bring it into the apartment ? Would that have any effect ?

goblinsly is offline   Reply With Quote