View Single Post
Old 09-29-17, 01:08 AM   #24
TechShop
FNG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecomodded View Post
The Rigid would be good with the logo on the inside and foil taped edges.

My fridge is wrapped with layers of the black wood floor insulation the last layer was using the blue type I like the look.Plywood is durable and has a decent enough insulation value costs $50 a sheet for good one side 3/4 inch / 16 sq. ft

I have to edit that ~
Just checked the 3/4" ply would has a .94 R-value , that's no good. Rigid blue is the way to go. For sure for sure.
Yeah, foam is a kick-*** value in a situation like this, you get some structure and some decent R-value too.

They have 2" thick foil-covered stuff at the box-stores around here for around $23 a sheet. The R value is superior with the mylar foil, but it's Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) foam so it's not as strong as that blue or pink Extruded Polystyrene (XPS).

The foil tape is a a good idea for the joints.

The R-30 fiberglass rolls meant for attics are 25' long and do not have a vapor barrier. That's about the best value per square foot and R-value you can get from a hardware store. For someone without a bunch of leftover glass, it would be a great way to get enough to stuff an enclosure or box around a water tank.
TechShop is offline   Reply With Quote