Thread: the Power Shed
View Single Post
Old 11-10-11, 08:42 AM   #9
creeky
Journeyman EcoRenovator

Those are some nice power sheds. Because my panel frame is hinged (hinges are steel, the pins are 3/4 of an inch thick ... should be good to about 5,000 lbs each) and, as the pivot point is on center (with a slight bias to the ground), the panels rotate quite easily.

I saw your hinges Xringer. Are those stainless steel bolts on a single arm pivot? smile. Of course your hinges didn't cost 35 bucks each.

I like the design on powershed #2 that you posted. I'm looking for four positions. Windstorm (flat or parallel to the ground); Summer (30 degrees from parallel); Fall/Spring (45) and Winter (60 or tbd). So I'm trying to come up with something that looks good and works easily.

Still open to ideas. I'm thinking to attach to the lower wooden support strut with a small hinge and then use a wooden arm back to a peg in the side of the shed. Two supports on either side of the shed should do it. That way I can drill holes into the support arm for the various distances required for the appropriate angle. I might need two peg locations and two holes ... Or four peg locations and one hole in the support arm. or ... hmmm.
creeky is offline   Reply With Quote