View Single Post
Old 01-01-19, 04:50 AM   #62
stevehull
Steve Hull

Super ecorenovator job.

What this site has encouraged me (and you in particular) is when you decide to do a project (your PV system, greenhouse install, now geo system etc.). You jump in 100% and do not stop until it is done. This project put you to the test with an absolute deadline (for rebate), unexpected equipment return, 9-5 regular work, some unanticipated hefty purchases and some outsourcing labor ($).

Too often, I (many of us?) start a project and forget to adequately allocate time and labor to complete it. I (we?) keep thinking I am in my 20's and in perfect health with little distracting family and other obligations.

So I applaud your gotta get it done, let's hire out" that which, yes I could do this, but it can be done quicker/faster.

My "excuse" is that I am so damn picky about the quality of the outsourced finished job and their slow progress. Gotta get over that.

I also used to get critiqued while in graduate engineering school for my in house engineering projections, vs actual build issues and there are many within project build (encroachments, finding other preexisting infrastructure, suppliers promising materials, weather, etc). My perspective was technically correct, but I did not include the infamous "human factor" and other on project delays.

I guess my zebra stripes don't change! What I did do well was planning out all the specific details and that minimizes within project major changes. You and I share this planning perspective.

I love your rational age appropriate involvement with your kids -Saturn rebuild, working on other projects, etc.

Lastly, have a great 2019 and do I dare ask what project is next?

Onward!

Steve

Last edited by stevehull; 01-01-19 at 08:55 PM.. Reason: clarity
stevehull is offline   Reply With Quote