View Single Post
Old 03-21-14, 08:38 PM   #8
buffalobillpatrick
Master EcoRenovator

No info other than Cray labels on it.

Digging additional 8' x 8' x 6' deep hole in area next to where basement will go, it's already about 5' below grade there from basement excavation.

Building an 8' x 8' x 12' box of 8" thick type 2 EPS, that I also got cheap off CL.
Solar tank will be inside box with space between tank & box filled with chunk pearlite.
You can get bags of pearlite at Lowe's fairly reasonable. It will take many bags.

On your tank within a tank idea, possibly a 275 gal. HDPE tote container, they are not all HDPE some are standard PE, have to insure Food Grade & it's stamped on outside tank with a symbol that indicates HDPE.

Place this tank in bottom of solar tank, & fill with the pariffin, put lid on it that it comes with, drill small pressure equalization hole, add water to solar tank & the inner tank will float. I can add rocks to control how far it floats above water surface.

Question is will surface area of inner tank accomidate enough heat transfer?

My 240 ft2 panels (also CL score) will be ground mounted on used gas well pipe rack availible here, vertical to maximize Winter sun. I'm sure that the 1st Summer or Fall all the pariffin
will melt, if not before.

BBP

Last edited by buffalobillpatrick; 03-22-14 at 03:57 PM..
buffalobillpatrick is offline   Reply With Quote