View Single Post
Old 11-21-08, 10:00 AM   #3
Higgy
The Gardener

Nice job Ben! That's what I have hanging from my roof...good ol LED's. I drive by people's homes who put up the ridiculous amount of lights and they're all the old kind and I just think...wow...they're dumb. Sorry to be harsh, but the reason I say they're dumb is twofold. 1) They're not using LED's so they're wasting power and money and 2) Home Depot (in my city anyway) will let you come in and trade your existing lights for brand new LED's at a fraction of the cost as long as you bring in your old string of lights. It blows my mind that more people aren't doing this. So they're either dumb...or lazy.

Daox, I was thinking the same thing about my christmas tree. I bought a tree with the lights pre-wired in right before LED's made their big debut. I wish there was a way I could remove the old bulbs and put in LED ones instead, but I don't think you can do that. Maybe you can? I had asked one of the stores recently if they had replacement bulbs for the LED's and they said they don't sell them...so that sucks if they don't. I'd replace every one of those lights if I could. I'm gonna kill-a-watt the tree as soon as I get it up to see how much energy we're wasting.

Speaking of christmas, I wonder if they have replacment LED's for the manger scene we have? Maybe I'll go steal Daox's LED lights from his fridge.
Higgy is offline   Reply With Quote