View Single Post
Old 03-24-14, 09:58 AM   #42
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

I had just vented my tankless water heater vent from PVC to my old steel vent through the roof. I did this just until it was warmer and dry out then I was going to finish the job right. This weekend it was warm enough to finish. I have 15’ horizontal 3" PVC vent that I ran down hill some then I put in a 90 deg with a drain. At this point I plumed out the condensate so this would not all go back to the water heater.

I had probably going up and down the ladder 6-7 times. Then on the last time I went up on the roof I painted the white 3” PVC black. I was done and glad to be done. My ladder was on my deck about 10’ up and it leaned against aluminum gutter. The gutter bent some and the ladder lost its footing. Down it went with me going for a ride with a sudden stop on the wood deck.

I skinned my right leg bruised the backs of both arms and my right side/foot. It was the first time in my life I had a ladder give out and hopefully the last time. It could have been lots worse but I will be more careful next time. If I would have just taken a little more time coming down the ladder I would not be typing this. It happened so fast no real time to do anything but land. Shoulda coulda woulda!

On the bright side the condensate issue is completely solved. I filled the garden tub to soak in hot water and all condensate flowed out nicely. This was a very good test.

I special ordered this 3” PVC 90 deg with drain from Grainger their warehouse is 3-4 miles down the road but they had to transfer it to their store 20 min away so I could pick it up. At least there is no shipping charge.
Attached Images

Last edited by pinballlooking; 03-24-14 at 11:34 AM..
pinballlooking is offline   Reply With Quote