View Single Post
Old 10-12-11, 01:33 PM   #15
Quest
Apprentice EcoRenovator

Both hotwater tank and hydronic in-floor heating are on natural gas, my needs for electricity for cooking and general activities in a 2100sqft, 4 bedroom config with comptuers, PVRs, washing and drier, etc. averages around 11kW/hr per day.

As summer comes to an end and me being somewhat reluctant in firing up the radiant floor heating (takes too long to warm up the house), I'm resort to using electric oil heater to warm up bedrooms during the night....dunno how much electricity I'm going through yet (our area electricity billing is done every 2 months).

Q.

BTW: approx 683kW/hr over the course of past 62 days...works out to approx. 11kW/hr per day for a family of 4

recently: we have smart meter installed in our region. Not relevant but as I also tried signing up as part of the efficient home energy program with our local utility company, I relalise that I'm already waaaay ahead of the game in terms of electricity usage (all my household lighting are on CFLs already, with LEDs on the way), and cannot make any further (significant) cuts to my utility bill to further quality for their rebates.....sigh..

Last edited by Quest; 10-12-11 at 01:41 PM..
Quest is offline   Reply With Quote