View Single Post
Old 07-06-16, 05:51 PM   #9
SentinelAeon
Lurking Renovator

Fans seem to be doing fine so far, i am waiting for a heat wave to really test the difference. Fan are working all day, when i go to sleep i put them on lower rpm with resistor, in the evening i open windows, during the day i leave a small gap in the doors. Another thing i did was put 2 wet towels over the windows so that during the day when that area heats, the dry air in that area will help water evaporate and cool the area. And then that air is pulled outside anyway.

Since water is quite cheap in my country, i was thinking of evaporative cooling. I did a small scale cooler last year and tested the temperatures and it worked, but it was sadly to small for anything else then blowing cold air into me. But now that i have those fast fans pulling air out ... couldnt i do a bit bigger scale ? I know air will get moist but it will soon exist the apartment and get replaced by less humid air ? I was also thinking of putting 2 small water sprays on my big window shelfs on the outside, something that would spray water very slowly, i tried using my small water pipe but sadly it wasnt strong enough to produce spray when connected to small plant sprayer.
SentinelAeon is offline   Reply With Quote