View Single Post
Old 01-15-09, 07:17 AM   #6
MetroMPG
Infrequent noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy View Post
Don't you have a trainer you can use?
Trainer? No sir! I'm not training for anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daox View Post
Woooo, its prettier than I had imagined. What are your current thoughts for mounting the motor so it touches the tire?
More wood! More screws!

The good thing about the motor is the big flange attached to it, so it shouldn't be too hard to mount on some wood. I think I'm going to extend one of the bike stand uprights and mount the motor on the top of the tire.

My engineering challenge is: this is a knobby tire, so while orienting the motor to run against against the tread face will be easiest, it'll also be pretty bumpy and kind of noisy. Running the motor against the side of the tire would be best for noise & good contact. I should probably design it that way...

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote