View Single Post
Old 04-06-14, 02:49 PM   #2
AC_Hacker
Supreme EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecomodded View Post
Collecting rainwater now illegal in many states as Big Government claims ownership over their water.
...and the article ends:

Quote:
Unless we stand up against this tyranny, it will creep upon us, day after day, until we find ourselves totally enslaved by a world of corporate-government collusion where everything of value is owned by powerful corporations -- all enforced at gunpoint by local law enforcement.
I think that real problem we need to be aware of is not identified in this piece, until the very end. I doubt that many people will go that far to get to the actual heart if the issue, and will rather see Big Government as the take-away.

Corporate power is the real problem, and Big Government is the paper target that our attention is to be diverted to.

Corporate power is a problem because there is no provision available that gives 'The People' any right to redress grievance.

Further, corporate control is working behind the scenes through government to reduce our freedoms.

Both political parties in the US (why are there only two?) are indebted to corporate power. Because there is no significant control on election financing, corporations vastly outshout the will of the people.

Voting Democrat does not fix the problem.

Voting Republican does not fix the problem.

Voting Tea Party does not fix the problem.

Reducing the size of Big Government does not fix the problem either.

This issue of water rights is presented in this piece as a national issue, but it is a global issue.

The rights of people to collect free water for their own survival is being threatened all over the world. It is not Big Government that is doing it. It is Big Corporations that are doing it.

We actually have a constitution that give us rights. Very few people have read it, and it is not generally taught in schools and colleges, unless you want to specialize in constitutional issues.

We live in a very ironic democracy where 'activist' is considered a negative term, and thus we are enslaved.

It is only when we become informed and active that our government will work for us, rather than the corporations.

If we don't manage corporations, corporations will manage us.

-AC
jeff5may (04-07-14), jeff88 (04-06-14), stevehull (04-06-14)