View Single Post
Old 01-02-14, 07:49 AM   #49
dc€x
Lurking Renovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff5may View Post

... to rig up multiple compressors in parallel. Like you said, a suction accumulator is needed to prevent slugging the compressor/compressors, especially during defrost. Some attention must be taken to plumb the compressors for proper oil flow. Extra control circuitry must be devised to avoid overcurrent or overpressure events from happening. But it has all been done before, you just need to know where to look for information.
Sorry,I have to confess this chat upon multiple compressors goes beyond my comprehension when/if residential heating concerned.Is there sound need
for extra compressors,I might ask ?

The point of "defrost" is essential ... and oil return during low ambient temperatures.

How this "nuisance" is recently handled then ?

I take here a case upon latest features on "new" thinking how "defrost"
and the related "off-cycle" is treated by a xxx-company in one of their split EEV-inverter models.They call it G10-system.The idea is that the compressor will not stop att all during defost cycle .At least 1Hz is prevailing (see attach.). Of course,the evaporator/accumulator is somewhat huge and EEV is a must! Permamagnet twin BLCD-compressor as a standard!

This system has been field-tested in southern-Finland with exellent perfomance behaviour .The Defrost cycle times abt. 3 hours at around minus 25degC /RH >70% acc. to logging data shown below.The defost is not triggered here egg-clockwise but ... on demand (oil return ?).

Innova H121 mittauksia

My point is that we will see soonest major invasion of sound competition based on EEV-widgets focussed in heating problematics instead of cooling , where in fact the main market (>90%) could be found.

R410a will be turned down and HC/or R32 -related gadgets will occupy the market within the foreseen future.

Attached Images

Last edited by Daox; 01-02-14 at 08:42 AM..
dc€x is offline   Reply With Quote