View Single Post
Old 02-14-13, 09:13 PM   #15
AtomTrainer
Lurking Renovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff5may View Post
AtomTrauner,

I apologize if I sound as if I'm trying to run you down. I'm glad we could help you find a reliable source of R290. As time passes, I hope the HVAC/R industry will come to accept natural refrigerants in general. As of now, there are only a handful of consumer products worldwide that use R290, so there is very little demand for service products.

Good luck with your testing! I hope all goes well. I look forward to hearing back from you with results, especially your findings on common LPG.
I kinda did think you were trying to do something,, unsure what but any who its water under the bridge i guess!

I am putting a bit more into this project as I do own a Mechanical Service, I dont want people to say yea he is the one that will sell you some thing to blow your house up.

I dont plan on selling the system I am looking to use it as a proof of concept!

My plans for this is to charge a 2ton DX system with R22 and run system efficacy test, charge the same system with some of the R22 replacements and run efficacy test and finaly charge with the R290 and run test. I plan to post all results of this on my website so others can see a true side by side compairson in the same system. I will most likely run the DX system indoors so it will be in controled enviroment and no one can make claims of outdoor conditions skewing things.

If what i have read online turns true, the HC should come out on top.

The next stage is going to be making a chiller with the 2Ton system. I have orderd a 2.0Ton coaxal heat exchanger. I will place the controls in a class 1 div 2 box and replace the condenser fan motor with a TEFC exp proof motor.

from the chiller ethylene glycol will be pumped into two 18,000 btu fan coil units, one for my bedroom and the other for my office.

This setup will yeild no HC gas getting pumped into the house.

And like the ceo of hairclub for men, not only am I the ceo I am also a member

I will post autocad drawings of the system as i work it out.

AT
AtomTrainer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AtomTrainer For This Useful Post:
elhigh (02-28-13)