Thread: Mini Split COP?
View Single Post
Old 08-21-13, 06:44 AM   #15
Robaroni
Journeyman EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikesolar View Post
i need to find the test paper that I read but it says that the Mitsi numbers are not as good as they claim and are roughly on par with the Fujitsu and Panasanyo will be coming out with something much better shortly so there may be some competition. That said, it seems the holy grail would be to have one of these inverter units doing floor heat but we don't have the market yet to get the good stuff over from Europe. Damn scorched air.....ruined everything...LOL.
I've been running a 'cold' boiler into radiant floors for 20 years. I like radiant heat..... most of the time. The problem is when the sun drops below the horizon the temp drops very rapidly too. The system can't keep up with it so a spit mini might be just the thing to compensate for that. I like the idea of these things running without doing deep holes but I wonder what their numbers would be with them?

As far as radiant heat - no noise, maximize space, house runs cooler but feels warmer, no radiators ....
As far these commercials showing babies on a warm floor, if your floor is that warm you're melting candles!
Rob
Robaroni is offline   Reply With Quote