View Single Post
Old 03-25-13, 12:15 PM   #1426
cbearden
Helper EcoRenovator

That's an interesting analysis.
My watt meter only measured 330-430 watts when the compressor was running for a few minutes. I noticed that it gradually increased the watts reading the longer I had it on. Granted, I only kept it on for maybe 4-5 minutes.

Also, the heat load figures I had for my house were for the entire house, both floors. My hydronic flooring is only going to be on the first floor, roughly 1000 sq ft of space. I know that whatever heat is generated from the floor will slowly rise to the ceiling and possibly up to the 2nd floor. And I'm not sure yet what kind of insulation (if any) will be in-between our two floors. I think they are planning on installing the duct-work for our normal air heat-pumps.
(everything I'm building is completely separate and aside from the normal heating/cooling they are building on my house. I'm simply trying my best to augment or replace some of that usage with energy to/from the ground and/or to/from the sun.)
That being said, wouldn't my heating load need to be done on just the 1st floor only? Or am I making too many assumptions about how the heat will travel/act on the 1st floor and how long it will stay there?
I reran the heatload calc online using just my 1st floor, but changing my ceiling insulation from R38 to R10. This is a rough estimation, I know, but I needed to put something in there.
I started with about 22000 before I made these changes.
I'm getting about 15000 Btu/hr. with just one floor.
And if I take away ceiling loses since it's not exposed to outside temps,
I get about 11000 Bu/hr.

Comments? Anyone throwing tomatoes or eggs at me over this??
haha.
cbearden is offline   Reply With Quote