View Single Post
Old 03-25-13, 07:08 AM   #1424
cbearden
Helper EcoRenovator

And thanks for the encouragement! I was wondering if the 2-cap tubes were for efficiency. def planning on using the cap tubes as it is in this system for now, at least until I learn more about how all of this works. I think your idea of the TXV is interesting, but I'm trying to take this one step at a time.
I have a small microcontroller called a Rasperry Pi, that I'll be using to monitor and control as much of my system as I can. For $35, it's pretty impressive what all it can do.
So far, I can hook up as many 1820 temp sensors as I want into a network of temp sensors, accessed all from a single data line. This will all be translated into a web page that I can surf to on this same microcontroller box. I'll also be using this to control one of the relays from this old control board off the humidifier that will switch the compressor on and off. And I'll still have more i/o room on this to control my water pump for my hydronic floor, the water pump for my water storage heat tank, and the water pump for my solar panels.
cbearden is offline   Reply With Quote