View Single Post
Old 04-27-15, 10:01 PM   #47
mangler
Lurking Renovator

Vlad,

Hopefully you are still monitoring this thread. I finally bit the bullet and bought most of the parts to convert my craftsman 24 hp v-twin Platinum Briggs and Stratton powered garden tractor (engine model 44S877).

So far I have:

Beam T-60B (with vacuum lock off)

12 V solenoid lock-off valve, high pressure

Left handed POL cylinder fitting, safety high pressure regulator, pre-assembled rubber hose with 3/8" flair swivel ends & brass fitting.

It seems i will need a source of vacuum for the zero governor, and a way to distribute the propane in the carburetor. I attached a pic of my engine.

My questions so far:

Is the location of the propane feed important in the carburetor? It seems to be best below the choke plates, but I have see people feed above the plate, and even in the air cleaner box.

Since I don't want to drill the carb (it's new), my options are either an aluminum spacer or a motor snorkel (looks easy, but a bit pricey):

http://www.motorsnorkel.com/media/ca...13_3_1_3_7.jpg

The other thing I was wondering is if the propane needs a lot of help to be distributed evenly in the air stream. Most aluminum spacers seem to have a venturi machined in, and a small machined ring on the inside to distribute the propane. I know you have just drilled a couple of your carbs and added another emulsifier tube. Is that enough for a thorough mix to take place in the air stream?

Many questions. Now to find silfos brazing rod and some decent a/c copper tubing. Hopefully that small capped off hose on the side of the engine is a source of vacuum, needed for the California version. If so, I promise to say at least one good thing about California emissions law

Attached Images

Last edited by Daox; 04-28-15 at 07:40 AM..
mangler is offline   Reply With Quote