View Single Post
Old 12-01-10, 04:02 PM   #6
MN Renovator
Less usage=Cheaper bills

I'm wondering one thing about the incandescent or 'heat balls'. I still use these in a few places where CFLs cannot be used or where I just don't use a bulb long enough to even get past the CFL 3 minute warm-up such as closets. Also places like directly over the bathroom sink where it would be a terrible idea to have a CFL. ...or they are outdoors where it can get to -20f in Minnesota and take 5 minutes to get decent light output but probably only about 80% of full standard output.

What will we do in these cases? Don't get me wrong, I've got CFLs and flourescent tubes in my house for almost all of my daily use lighting. ...but what about the cases where the lighting is more appropriate for an incandescent. I can't put a CFL in my fridge, garage door opener, oven or in an area that gets wet either.

Luckily I've got a whole bunch because the house I bought had all 60 watt incandescents in it and I've got a good 10 spares that are probably most of the way through their life(a few have burned out and have been replaced). I really don't want to join the light bulb hoarding bandwagon but I might just get some for the reasons I mentioned above.
MN Renovator is offline   Reply With Quote