View Single Post
Old 01-07-15, 05:29 PM   #7
bennelson
Home-Wrecker

Camera arrived!

Short story? It's pretty neat!

FLIR One Thermal Camera – First Impressions (Click this link to get to LOTS of photos!)

In the image above, you can see the "slim case" that goes on the iPhone and the FLIR ONE device itself.

Once in place, you can quickly start taking photos. In the image below, I could actually see the impression of the framing right through the wall! Now that's one heck of a stud-finder!

In this image below, you see my utility room. Mostly, you are looking at the furnace, with the air-intake pipe in black, and the exhaust pipe in the light colors. Behind the furnace on the right is my natural gas water heater, with its exhaust pipe running straight up. It also looks like there may be some insulation missing in the ceiling above and to the right of the furnace.

This is NOT a high-resolution camera. The images saved out from it are 640 x 480 JPEGs. Nothing wrong with that, but it sure seems small compared to the 4000x3000 images I'm used to working with from a DSLR!

It shoots video too, but I haven't played around with that yet.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by bennelson; 01-07-15 at 05:44 PM.. Reason: Labeling images.
bennelson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bennelson For This Useful Post:
Daox (01-08-15), virginiajim (01-15-15)