View Single Post
Old 10-31-20, 02:57 PM   #12
Sadashi
Lurking Renovator

Default Sensor position

Hi Murdock and welcome to the discussion . There are two sensors with this C&H ( Gree made ) unit that I'm using , one was attached to the copper heat exchanger ( evaporator ) and the other one is the air sensor . The one that was attached to the evaporator I've placed it on the refrigerant liquid line right after is coming out of the brazzed plate heat exchanger and the air temperature sensor I've extended the wire and I've placed it somewhere inside the house on a wall along with the small led display that's got the ir receiver as well incorporated . You have to keep all the electronics of the indoor unit and also the fan motor to be able to control the outdoor unit . You detach the fan motor from the fan and place it somewhere in a box and secure it somehow so it won't move when it starts spinning . I haven't tried to trick the pcb and not keep the motor because I believe the motor got a sensor on the inside that communicates with the pcb and if it detects that the motor does less than 450 rpm it will shut down the unit .
Sadashi is offline   Reply With Quote