View Single Post
Old 09-12-09, 04:52 PM   #34
groar
X-Frenchy: very

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piwoslaw View Post
Bumping for an update.
Groar, how has your PV installation been doing during the summer months?
Thanks to wake me up

Just added June to August production figures in post #8. As you can see in posts #8 and #1, the best production was in June : the days were longer and cooler.
Nowadays the inverter is starting later and stopping sooner As the longest day is 21st June, today is equivalent to a day of beginning of April except we have lesser clouds and hotter temperatures.
While end of 2008 had a deficit of sun, 2009 summer has too much sun (+15% for last 3 months), a deficit of rain (only 50% of average for the last 4 months and 2 rainy days during last 4 weeks), with hotter temperatures (2-3 °C over average, which is much more at panels' level).

My current forecast for the 1st year of production is 15% under the initial forecast
If I had to install another solar array on my house, I would install it toward East (so they are producing when it's colder) and I would use panels less sensible to heat.

Happily the solar panels are only one of our tools to be greener and lowering consumption is another one : the current forecast for this year is 20% under last year consumption

Denis.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    (2.66 kg/l diesel)
  • kg saved by 3kWc photo-voltaic solar panels : 187 kg/yr
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    (59.1 g/kWh)
Radioactive wastes saved by 3kWc photo-voltaic solar panels :
  • Long life (>100,000 years) : 2.85 g/yr (0.9 mg/kWh)
  • Short life (<300 years) : 31.7 g/yr (10.0 mg/kWh)
Based upon "official" French figures...
groar is offline   Reply With Quote