View Single Post
Old 01-20-16, 02:25 PM   #1838
AC_Hacker
Supreme EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_abdeen View Post
Number 4 is the closest. And number 1 , 4 and 8 are adjacent.
Jibreel,

I use Heating & Cooling Degree Days - Free Worldwide Data Calculation to get data, and apparently many of the data collection stations in the Amman urban area don't seem to have a full set of data accessible at this time. I did find that the Amman Airport weather data collection system is fully functional.

From the look of the aerial photo, I would guess that the weather at the airport would be similar to the weather at your house.

From the weather data, I made a chart for the Daily Cooling Degree Days in Amman, over the period of the last year:

The higher up the chart, the more heat removal your system will have to do.

And here is a chart for the Daily Heating Degree Days in Amman, over the period of the last year:

The higher up the chart, the more heat addition your system will have to do.

In essence, these charts give a clue as to how much work your system must do. They don't tell the whole story, because there are some details about how much Heat Loss and Heat Gain your house has.

The next step will be for you to do a Heat Load Analysis, or to hire someone to do it for you. If you want to do it yourself, it may require at least a modest technical background.

Here is a free calculator, all in US units (Imperial units), but you could do all the measurements in Imperial units and convert the final answer. If you have questions, let me know. There are also other calculating tools available. This one is free, and fairly simple to use.

If you want to do a Ground Source Heat Pump, we need to know how much ground space you have for a Loop Field, and if you are going to drill boreholes, we will need to know more details about the soil structure. But these details will come later.

By the way, do you have any idea if heating and air conditioning measurements in your country are done in metric or in imperial units? There was a time, long after the world (at least the rational world) converted to metric, thst all HVAC work was still conducted in Imperial units. I ask because we should continue our discussion using the measurement system commonly used in your country.

Sincerely,

-AC_Hacker
Attached Images

Last edited by AC_Hacker; 01-20-16 at 04:17 PM..
AC_Hacker is offline   Reply With Quote