Thread: Rant: saving...
View Single Post
Old 08-15-12, 11:23 AM   #5
Higgy
The Gardener

I love your post Nate...very good. Been married for almost 9 years and we're still learning a lot from each other. It's not just a one way street and you're not necessarily only going to find a person who is a consumer whore. My wife and I have changed a lot since we've been married. She was never the energy conserving, organic food eating, etc... type. Now she is turning what she likes to call "granola". We try and go to farmers markets, eat local, eat more organic unpasteurized food. We try and conserve energy and only use the SUV when traveling, otherwise we always use the corolla and would like to eventually trade it in for a Prius. We shut off lights all the time, we watch how much water we use even though we have a well. We even have a fridge that bings at us when we accidentally leave it open too long. We're not the best conserver's of energy, but we're at least a bit better then the average Joe I think. It's a give and take, and you have to find the right person for you.

Iamgeo, I think Robb was meaning that people who don't like to conserve energy are also people who like to shop at Walmart and go eat McDonald's. I think he's also meaning that people think they're so patriotic and yet they go buy stuff at Walmart which has all of their stuff made in china just about. Not really the analogy I would have used but I got where he was coming from.
Higgy is offline   Reply With Quote