Thread: Rant: saving...
View Single Post
Old 08-15-12, 07:18 AM   #2
MN Renovator
Less usage=Cheaper bills

I'm single because I realize that if I'm not my heating bill will double, my electric bill will triple, and my water bill will quadruple, and I'd probably end up fitting the bill for meals at places that I rarely ever go to. I live a lifestyle cheap enough that I'm convinced there are few others willing to live the same life outside of a few enviro's. Problem is I'm a resource conservationist and am extremely fiscally conservative at the personal level. I often find it burdensome to have others over at my house because of what it will do to my natural gas or electric bill depending on the season to raise or lower the temperature to the opposite season rather than a level that is comfortable enough.

So by choice, I'm single. For the money I'd have a roommate live with me and allow the temperature to be more reasonable for them as long as it is within reason but food sharing would be out of the question and the utilities would be split. I strongly believe that people are equal in the sense that if you have a job, you share the costs of the relationship(such as food) and if we end up living together, we share the housing costs. None of this 'you pay for meals and gifts for me because I have boobs' garbage. I also don't really miss the relationship aspect, doesn't bother me one bit, I'm extremely happy without an arguing body around me that disagrees with what I'm doing and asks me questions when I want to take a week vacation away from home on my own. Either way, she'll have to live with your decisions, or not, it's up to the two of you to have some form of compromise.

Yes, North America is one of the most wasteful societies in the world. It's difficult to find people on the same page as you.
MN Renovator is offline   Reply With Quote