View Single Post
Old 07-31-10, 04:57 PM   #10
trikkonceptz
Helper EcoRenovator

Well I got an answer back from them and it included a dvd and a bunch of home configurations.

In a nutshell;

For those living on flat land, you simply need to get a lot large enough for the home project. The home would be built above ground and then burried with Earth. The designs are modular and expandable as large as your pocket book can handle.

The 70's style DVD they sent with the one foot in the grave couple from wisconsin only showed the interior of the house which looked like a cracker barrel thanks to their decor. All that aside the house was impressive and so well lit the beta max camera they used to film it needed no external light to help with lighting.

The largest obstacle is mental, people think you're trapped and live in a cave. My wife keeps tell me she needs more windows, yet we have solar blocking curtains on all the windows in the house including blocking out all the windows in our bedroom to have a completely dark room to sleep in.

The home designs are beautiful and spacious and we are now heavily considering this as an option. Finding property to construct the new home is our biggest challenge, so I will keep you posted ..
trikkonceptz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to trikkonceptz For This Useful Post:
buffalobillpatrick (06-22-14)