View Single Post
Old 01-03-11, 05:48 AM   #13
osolemio
Hong Kong

Taken in low light with a phone, so it does not look shiny and bright like in a sales catalogue:

But it shows the principle.

This is the setup with a sink and just "warm" water. The toilet here, and this sink, are both connected to the pre-heated water, so there is neither cold nor hot in this bathroom. Or should I say toilet, as there are no shower/bath either.

If you consider to set up a solution with two temperatures, then I can recommend to have two pedals, with each their pipe running as closely as possibly to the faucet. This is useful when you want a specific temperature. As the mixing is close to the faucet, the changes will be quick. In the other installation I have, with one pedal, I can get either hot or cold - yes, with just one pedal. It does take a few seconds to change the temperature, not a big issue. But it would be even better to be able to change temperature almost instantly, by changing the foot pressures.

Actually, I would like to have the same solution for the shower hose, but not sure how to implement it. Imagine two hoses in parallel, and when you change the temperature on the wall unit, the reaction is almost instant. I think that besides being better comfort, it will also save water, as you will spend less water (and time) waiting for the temperature to get right. No need to have the valve close to the shower head, as long as there are two hoses.