View Single Post
Old 01-13-21, 06:10 AM   #11
solarhotairpanels
Helper EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuario View Post
Have you measured the entry/exit temperatures of the water passing through the tank? And the temperature at the lowest point of the heat exchanger?

What is the delta across the heat exchanger? The water from the panels should enter at the top of the tank heat exchanger (I assume this is what you have).

If the exit temperature is the same as the temperature at the lowest point of the heat exchanger then you have removed all the heat somewhere in the heat exchanger. Try increasing the pump speed until the exit temperature is slightly higher, then reduce it a little, then you know that you have the maximum possible flow rate to get the maximum transfer from the heat exchanger.
Thanks for the response..
NO, I have not measured temps to/from tank heat exchanger but I will now that you mentioned this..

Water from collector enters heat exchanger at lowest point I believe then returns to collector out the higher side of the heat exchanger. I'll double check that.. next time I go down to the basement.

I like your idea about testing temps at higher pump speed to neutralize in/out temps.. makes sense I'll give that a try. Thanks again for your input.

Please Note:
Comments and/or suggestions I make here at the forums on 'your' projects as well as my own have all been carefully and scientifically calculated by 'the seat of my pants'
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
solarhotairpanels is offline   Reply With Quote