View Single Post
Old 12-02-12, 01:22 AM   #10
Ryland
Master EcoRenovator

To fit a lithium battery on to an old NiCad tool I took a sheet of 1/4" thick plastic sheet (nylon I think) and a chunk of plastic cutting board, I mimiced the lithium tool mounting by making little tracks out of strips of the cutting board and screwing it to the 1/4" thick plastic, that 1/4" plastic also got a grove cut in it that the latch from the battery snaps in to to keep the battery in place, contacts are made out of flat copper sheet, the lithium batteries slide on the tracks and make contact with the copper, clicking in to place just like they were on the stock tool, that whole plate then gets glued to the bottom of the old tool and wired in.
Old tool was 14.4v new battery is 18v, works perfect for over a year!

All of the cuts to make the track were done with a table saw and a utility knife, everything was screwed together using small counter sunk wood screws.

I've done this for DeWalt lithium tool batteries as well for my electric bike and I have 6 of these mounts that I am no longer using that fit the 36v DeWalt batteries if anyone is interested in them, I pulled the battery packs apart to make a single large pack for my lawn mower.
Ryland is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ryland For This Useful Post:
greif (12-02-12), Mikesolar (12-02-12)