View Single Post
Old 03-13-21, 07:57 PM   #1
nokiasixteth
Journeyman EcoRenovator

Default Ac coupled battery backup with solar

I have had my 5.2 kw solar system running for a few yrs now so far the grids been pretty reliable . But the thought of a power outage for even a day or two with me having perfectly good solar panels on my roof but useless had me thinking . So after some digging i found my solar edge grid tied system was compatable with curtailment from other inverters if they had that capability.

So i went ahead and added 2 small 42 volt 66 ah lithium batteries and a schnieder 4048 for a backup this works fine . To test to see if it would work hooked it to a backfeed breaker and shut the main breaker off outside to inside my house then turned the inverter on. This is where one problem arises i dont have a inside panel shutoff switch. It is on the outside.
One solution is obviously buy a new breaker panel and rewire the inside to it and add a generator interlocking kit.
Second solution possibly could be adding a another 100 amp breaker inside moving the main feed wireing to that breaker to feed the panel and have a seesaw type switch so that only one can be turned on at once .

Does any one have any experience in such being the indoor dont have a main off switch inside ?

nokiasixteth is offline   Reply With Quote