View Single Post
Old 01-12-21, 07:37 AM   #9
solarhotairpanels
Helper EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuario View Post

Check the temperatures and see what they are.. is it a commercial unit or homebrew?

Thanks for your input, I appreciate it.

To answer your question (homebrue vs factory)
My drain back tank is nothing but a used/reconfigured 6 gal electric hot water heater. Electric element disconnected / sight glass added to monitor water level. This is mounted just above my hot water storage tank which is a factory 33 to 40 gallon insulated tank.

My controller is a Resol Plus / works perfectly. It will drop down the pump speed after start up to a percentage of my choice. Right now I have it set so that the second water starts returning from my collectors to my drain back tank the pump speed drops down to 50%. (I've thought about increasing pump speed to 80 or even 100% to see if that helps. )

Next,
The temp in my storage tank DOES increase very slowly while the pump is running but it just seems to take forever to get close to the 8 degree shut down temp difference. The pump DOES shut off eventually (8 degree difference is met) just takes forever.

I was thinking that if I changed my settings from 12/8 to 14/8 or 16/8 to allow the collector to heat up more before (pump on) maybe the collector would pick up hotter water running thru the collector manifold on route back to the storage tank..... but I'm guessing and testing different settings to see what happens.

Your thoughts?

Please Note:
Comments and/or suggestions I make here at the forums on 'your' projects as well as my own have all been carefully and scientifically calculated by 'the seat of my pants'
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
solarhotairpanels is offline   Reply With Quote