View Single Post
Old 10-09-17, 04:23 PM   #1
Daox
Administrator

Default Underground natural gas line for garage furnace install?

This past weekend I acquired a natural gas furnace from my step father. He had the one in his house replaced since this one was acting up on him. His son used to be a HVAC tech, and said it needed a new regulator valve. Its an older furnace, so he opted to replace it instead of fix it. I figure no problem, I can put one of those in, so he gifted it to me.

Now, I'd like to put this furnace out in my garage. I believe the unit is ~40-60k BTU. This means I will need to run a natural gas line probably about 10 feet from the meter to my garage. Is there anything special that I need to know about burying natural gas line? What gas line is rated for underground use? Googling shows a lot of arguing about why this can't be a DIY job.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote