View Single Post
Old 04-28-16, 07:59 PM   #18
Elcam84
Apprentice EcoRenovator

Our old system was probably in the 2 ton range or little better due to a bad compressor. I forget what the pressures etc were last time I checked it.

The system I put in was actually the cheapest system I could get. A 14 seer was actually more as would have been a 3 ton system. The system all in worked out to 3k. I put the unit in a different place as the old spot will be going away for a master bedroom remodel. I used to do commercial refrigeration and a friend of mine has an hvac company. I could have gone with a 13 seer as there are a few the warehouse had that were within the grace period but I didn't want a recip compressor.

Oh and yes we do need the 100k btu... The old one was a 100k and a couple years ago when we had a week of 17* for the high it was running pretty much non stop. Also the furnace I used was the cheapest that didn't need combustion air.

All the duct work came out.. All done with 3' sections and poorly placed registers. M&M is close and they had some stuff that wasn't picked up I got a deal on. I hate doing metal duct in a 100* attic so my friend need up doing it... Already that hot up there this time of year.
Elcam84 is offline   Reply With Quote