View Single Post
Old 01-01-12, 01:57 PM   #1
strider3700
Master EcoRenovator

Default New Coffee maker

For christmas I requested a new coffee maker since the old one was starting to fail. I figured a thermal carafe would help with power usage and hopefully keep the coffee drinkable longer then my old glass one.

This CUISINART CANADA Coffee Makers Brew Central™ Thermal 12-Cup Coffeemaker DCC-2400C was under the tree.

After a week of usage I can report that I love it. It uses 5watts just being plugged in which is worse then the old ones 4 watts but is easily fixed by unplugging it (I don't use the timer features) It also uses 975 watts vs 920 watts the old one did while brewing. The difference is the old one would kick on the heat plate at 400 watts regularly to keep the pot warm. This does nothing after the brewing cycle is over.

I don't drink my coffee scorching hot so the pot is hot enough to keep me happy 8 hours after brewing. As well it doesn't pick up a horrible burnt taste so I'll make coffee at 8am and have a final cup at 2 or 3 in the afternoon and it's fine by my standards.

What this means is I used to brew two pots some days because the mornings one would be crap by the afternoon. Now I brew 1 every day. The end result is over 1 weeks usage I'm at very close to 1/2 the power consumption and the amount of coffee wasted is way down.

strider3700 is offline   Reply With Quote