View Single Post
Old 12-18-11, 07:51 AM   #1034
randen
Uber EcoRenovator

Default Launboy s inpending hack

Launboy what a great hack. A perfect use for an old unit. The cost of heating a hot tub ouch. If I may suggest, what about installing a length of stainless tube in the return line for the circ. pump for the hot tub. I would think a piece of 0.375 to 0.5 inch dia about 4 to 6 feet of tube would work well for the condensor side. Don.t forget the counter flow very inportant. To just drop a fined evaporator into the water would be combersome. Take your time, line up some borrowed tools and hack with a little finness.

The shop GSHP is indeed providing all it can for heat. The heat exchangers are picking up all the heat produced by the compressor. In fact they are likely oversized by alot. I have mixed feelings about installing the larger compressor. I have some room for more insulation in the roof. But best of all I have some very good results with solar hot water. The rear of the shop has about 300 sq ft. for solar hot water panels. During a sunny day a huge amount of heat is avalible and its FREE FOREVER. Have a look at the other post about solar heating. There is a photo there of my friends helping to install the last panel on my home. You may want to consider a panel for your hot tub. The heat is free for the collecting.

Randen
Happy Holidays Everyone
randen is offline   Reply With Quote