View Single Post
Old 01-17-21, 11:08 AM   #5
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

Now it is not putting out the CFM it should. I am only getting about 2 CFM. I pulled the check valve. I was rusted up and not working very much.
I cleaned it wire brushed/sand paper. Put I very light coat of grease on it. it is working good now. I have 5 CFM now still too low.

The unloader is not working right. I took off the side. The unloader works pretty simple. It has a shaft the presses a Schrader valve that releases pressure on the head so it can restart not under load. There two weights as the compressor spins up the weight move out this pulls in the rod that pushes the Schrader valve. Now pressure is not released on the head and compressor builds pressure.

But the cylinders looked good and the outside bearings look good internals all looked good.

Mine has a bad Schrader valve so it is offloading all the time.
Luckily this part is available. I am going to take off the head to look at the valves.

This compressor has valves that are screwed into the head and needs a special tool to remove them @ $200 I saw where someone made the tool I think I will try to make my own tool. I don’t want to order a part until I know what other parts I need.

I will replace the drain in the bottom and pipe it out the bottom so you can reach it easily.
It needs a new exit valve.

I will clean out the pressure safety switch and maybe the pressure valve.

I think I will hydro test tank with water at 350 PIS
Similar to this guy

But you need to let it sit one hour under pressure.

Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -

Last edited by pinballlooking; 01-17-21 at 08:19 PM..
pinballlooking is offline   Reply With Quote