View Single Post
Old 05-02-20, 12:38 PM   #1
launboy
Apprentice EcoRenovator

Default Emporia Vue Energy Monitor

Been looking for a way to monitor power use and found that unitS with logging get expensive quick. Then I found the Emporia Vue. $100 gets you 2 200amp CTs, and 8 50 amp CTs as well as cloud based logging reported through their app. Updates are to the second and you can export two weeks of data via CSV to process however you’d like. The main feed CTs do net metering for solar as well. Still a new product and their app dev team on the forum seems to be adding more features as quickly as they can.

Only got it installed last night but the numbers I’m getting seem in line with what I’d expect. I’m looking forward to processing the data to see where I can decrease usage and which energy saving efforts make the biggest difference. Specifically in temperature settings on my mini-split which is my sole source of heat in WI. Day one my biggest revelation which I already kind of knew. Electric hot water heating is EXPENSIVE.

Check it out! Seems like exactly the kind of thing fellow Ecorenovators would find useful so I had to share!

launboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to launboy For This Useful Post:
creeky (06-12-20), Daox (05-02-20), pinballlooking (05-02-20)