View Single Post
Old 09-25-08, 09:16 AM   #4
Daox
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post
What is the most expensive is the batteries. I would like to have a system that connects directly to the internal electric network to feed a part of the little 24/7 electric systems.
I've talked with a few guys about how to get used free/cheap deep cycle batteries. I've had recommendations to stop by semi repair shops and boat shops to see what they have as far as used batteries. This is by no means perfect, but it is definitly cheaper than new batteries!

I think if you can get a small bank of batteries, build a windmill yourself and get a descent charge controller and power inverter you should be able to make a small, but fairly inexpensive and cost effective system.

I too would LOVE to have a grid tie inverter so I could sell back power to the utility. However, I've heard that the cheapest ones are very close to $1000 (US). That would by far be the largest chunk of the entire systems price.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote